Monday 11 April 2016

JUST ONE NIGHT AND MY LIFE IS GONE: I JUST WANT TO DIE




My life that was so bright and full of hope has been shattered and I don't know why, who did I or my parents offend? My name is Kimberly, I am 19 years old and a final year student of business administration. I am one of the youngest in my class, I stayed away from boys and so before this horrible day I was still a virgin.


 I took my studies seriously and my GP is very good I was looking forward to graduation. In my first semester of the final year some fellow course mates approached me to form study groups, I did not accept because I felt I could not fit into their group, they were mostly flashy girls who regularly miss classes.

 Later I became friendly with Tony,I don't really know how it started but we started reading together until he started coming to my hostel, I was not comfortable with that so we would stay late in class to read, then he would walk me to my hostel. It became a routine.

On the 16th of February, I will never forget that date. We had an assignment to be submitted on the 17th, so we stayed a bit later than usual to complete the assignment. On our way to the hostel some boys just appeared from no where, before I knew what was happening I was being raped, there must have been at least 5 of them, it was dark and I could not recognize them, I don't know how long it lasted I must have passed out.

When I woke up I was just lying there in the sand behind some bushes. I don't know where I got the strength from but I managed to get up and reach my hostel  I looked at the time, it was 10 after 5AM. All I wanted was to die, I waited quietly for death but it did not come, I could not cry, I could not bath, I could not sleep. I just sat there starring into space. Then I remembered the assignment and I got up to prepare for class.

When I got to class, it felt like everyone knew what had happened to me. Tony did not come to me as usual. It was like everyone was just starring at me, I could not take it any more and I left after submission. I stopped reading, I stopped attending classes, I have not spoken a word to anyone since that day. I am waiting for the semester to end so I can go home.

I don't know what I am going to tell my parents but I am not coming back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment